Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back at Square One

I am embarrassed to be typing this blog post but I believe it is necessary.  I have completely fallen off of my pedestal of running and staying focused on being in shape.  I cannot seem to get the motivation I need to workout and eat healthy except that my body feels awful so I go out to get a run in just to feel a little better.  It seems I cannot find the motivation to run unless I have something to run for.  Without a race, or someone to share the same passion with, what do I do?

I have been in search for a 5-K, 10-K, Half-marathon, or Full-marathon ever since I posted my blog, "Post Race Blues".  I found quite a few but haven't picked one to actually run in.  I'm running in a 5-K in August with one of my dear friends but other than that I don't have anything else to do.  I can still run a 5-K but my time isn't what I want it to be.  I am putting that on myself because 1. I haven't been running like I should and 2. I haven't been eating like a should.  And I won't be running the race in August for time so I don't see the point in practicing speed.

But in reality that is exactly what I should be doing.  Since I'm bored with myself and my workouts, I need to incorporate speed work to keep myself entertained.  But more importantly I need to change my diet.  I have never been able to grasp the concept of diets.  If I workout, why should I diet? Well, going on my run today made me realize that I have to give my body the nutrients it needs to function.  If I feed it all this bad stuff my body rejects it and cramps up.  

I feel like everyone losses focus every once in a while.  Maybe not as often as me but I know Jillian Michaels has to slip up sometimes and so do you.  It's okay as long as we realize what we are doing wrong and fix it.  I am trying this new app on my phone called MyFitnessPal.  It is keeping me accountable to what I eat.  You can add friends on it so they can keep you accountable too.  If you find yourself having trouble, add me.  I'm the worst when it comes to sweets which I'm realizing now needs to be cut out of my diet completely.  My body does not like sweets, even though my mind and mouth thoroughly enjoy them.  Try and regain focus even if there is nothing you have to work for.  Work on yourself.  Stay focused on yourself because in reality working out and dieting is all for you.  The only way you can continue a diet or exercise is for yourself.  Just know that everyone slips up.  Don't let yourself slip up so much that you can't regain control over yourself.

Taking the reigns,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment