Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Goals

Having goals is how I get through life.  Making it from one goal to the next makes me realize I'm actual accomplishing things I want to get done in my life.  Writing things done helps me actually finish a goal.  When you set a goal what are you thoughts behind it?  Is it something you've always wanted to do, something you want to be better at, something that isn't achievable until you are a little older and a little wiser? That's the joy behind goals.  A goal can be as short-term or as long-term as you want it to be.

Today is the Boston Marathon and I'm following the updates on Twitter: @Runnersworld.  These runners are amazing.  Did they have this race in their mind their whole lives? Is this something they've been training for for years and years or is this something that they decided, "I'm going to win the Boston Marathon!"  How amazing it must feel after running 26 miles in less than 2:30!  I would just like to complete a marathon (long-term goal).  

Setting goals are meant to lift you up and make you feel confident about yourself.  If you set a goal that is too unrealistic, you won't accomplish it and you'll feel even more down than you were before you even started trying to accomplish a goal.  To do list are great ways of accomplishing goals.  I like lists and crossing things off.  This will help you notice the success your making! Also, make it known to everyone.  The more you put yourself out there the more likely you are to finish a goal.  Don't be afraid of the unknown.  Do something you've never done before and you'll become a more confident and more thriving you!

Reaching for the stars,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment