Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fitness Instructors

For the longest time I have thought about becoming a certified fitness instructor.  I worked at the front desk of a YMCA for a year because I thought they would eventually promote me to class instructor.  I had no idea you actually had to take a test, take a few classes, and then get your certificate.

Fitness instructors aren't there to just teach a class.  They are there to inspire you and keep you motivated.  Without them, would you really go to a class? Some people would say yes, I would love it if I could take a class without an instructor but most people (I believe) would say, no, the instructor is the only reason I go.  If you said yes, then you probably are meant to be an instructor.

I love taking fitness classes.  Working out with other people keeps me going (because I'm so competitive) and it makes me know that there are other people in this world that want or are trying to do the same thing as me; lose weight or burn calories so they can eat whatever they want (let's be honest, that's what I workout for!)  Whatever the reason people come to fitness classes whether it be to get enjoyment out of a workout, try something different, become inspired, or be surrounded by people who want the same thing as them, none of it could happen without the fitness instructor.

In January, I realized that I was meant to encourage people.  I was put on this Earth to serve people.  Whether that be in hospitality, working out, helping others with problems/projects/etc., I have a desire to help them.  Watching the Biggest Loser, inspires me to do something with my life.  Reading about other peoples success makes me want to do better.  Being around certain people makes me want to be a better person.  I think it's time for me to take that extra step and become a fitness instructor.  I am already crazy busy but I think it is important to be somebody that someone else can turn to or confide in.

You don't have to be a fitness instructor to do that.  You can just be a positive influence in someones life.  Keep that smile on your face and show people how awesome it is to walk through life happy.  Be a light in someones life.  You matter even if you think you do not.  I promise there is someone wishing they could be more like you.

Smiling a little bigger,

Kayla :D

No comments:

Post a Comment