Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter everyone!  What does Easter mean to you?  As a child, Easter is the easter bunny, dying eggs, and eating lots of candy.  For teenagers, it's finding the perfect outfit to wear.  For adults, it's spending time with loved ones.  But for everyone it SHOULD be about the risen Christ.

I experienced Easter in a different way this year.  We didn't do Easter baskets (yes, I'm 21 and we still did Easter baskets until last year.)  Mom and Dad still got us great gifts (Thanks for the grill!) but it wasn't about that for me.  I was able to focus on the deeper meaning.  I have been a christian since I was in the second grade.  Christ has always been apart of my life and we have had this come and go kind of relationship.  Well He has never left, but I have strayed.  The sermon at church today touched me in a way that an Easter sermon might not touch everyone else.  I have been keeping Christ hidden.  I only seek Him when I'm in trouble.  I have to learn to live a life through Him all the time and not just when I need His loving and saving grace.

My family supports me through the thick and thin.  My parents use to say "If we can just get her raised, she will be just fine."  Well, I think they are still raising me and always will be.  I learn more and more from them every time I talk to them.  Their relationship is like no other marriage.  I am so blessed to have my parents still together.  My parents always have the right answers and know exactly what to say to make me feel better or feel loved and supported.  A child could not ask for anything better.  Jesus gave me my parents because he knew they would be able to handle all my screw ups and He has given them the perfect tool to make me who I am today.  That tool was keeping me in church.

I have learned so much from my parents and my church.  I am still confused on the whole religion thing but I know I believe in the risen Savior.  That is truly all that matters.  I hope I can continue to keep God out of the tomb and live my life to be pleasing to Him!  My Lord is good and His mercy endures forever!

God bless,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment