Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Food for Thought: Focus

If anyone hasn't noticed yet in how sporadic my blogs are, I have very little focus.  I wouldn't consider myself to have ADD but it is extremely hard for me to focus on one thing for too long.

How much does focus impact your life?  It should impact your life in many ways.  How you focus during school/work, how you focus on important people in your life, and how you focus on every task that is given to you on a daily basis are all things that require a lot of focus.  In kindergarden, the only thing I failed was reading comprehension.  The lowest score on my ACT was the reading section.  The reason I have to sit in the front of my class with no electronics out is because I cannot focus on the teacher unless I put him/her in my focal point.

Focus has not only effected my school work, it has also effects relationships I have.  I get so caught up in what I'm doing that I forget to call a friend, talk to a friend when I pass them on campus, or don't pay full attention to stories they are telling me.  After every blog post I write, before I post it, I go back and re-read it to make sure it all flows.

My mind is always running wild and thinking about two different things (at minimum).  I consider this my multi task skills.  I use to be extremely great at multi-tasking but now a days I like to focus on one thing before I jump into another task that way I know I did it to the best of my ability.  When I run, a million thoughts run into my head.  When I get home and drink a glass of water I think to myself, what did I think about on my run today? Sometimes, I have burning thoughts so it's easy to remember but most of the time it's completely random thoughts and I can't remember a thing.

The reason I'm writing a blog about focus is because I think it's extremely important to focus your mind and your heart on the things you think are important.  Right now my focus is on SOS for tomorrow, school work, actual work, my family coming this weekend, and my running/eating healthy.  Find something you are passionate about and focus on it.  Don't let anyone tell you can't because if you have enough focus and determination you will accomplish anything you want.

Stay focused!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment