Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Past is My Past

I loved being a kid.  Elementary school could not have gotten any better.  Middle school was all fun and games and I met some great people.  High school was a different story as most of you already know.  It was the darkest time of my life at least the last year.  College I have redeemed myself and I am who I want to be.

Growing up has been (is) a great learning experience.  It is one of the reasons my blog is titled "Running Through Life".  I catch myself wishing my life away just to get to bigger and better things when in reality I should live in the present.  These past three years have been spectacular and I wouldn't trade anything for them in the world.

Going home, I realized how much things change.  Easter Sunday was a fabulous day to spend with family but the whole weekend consisted of seeing things/people from my past.  I believe things happen for a reason.  People are in your life for a reason and they make it to the future because that's where they are suppose to be.  Playing games with people in high school should not have been a way of life.  I and other people burned a lot of bridges that will NEVER be rebuilt.  Honestly, I could careless about those bridges being burnt because I see a bright and happy future ahead of me.

Keep your head held high if there is something that brings you down.  Don't let your past creep back up and bring you to that dark place.  Whether that be people, decisions you made, or barriers you broke through.  You can be as strong as you set your mind to be.  Believing in yourself and having the confidence to keep yourself going is how you will prevail! I believe in myself and the things/people that are in my life now.  I'm not looking back for one second because it will only hold me back.  Tear down everything that is holding you back and know that you can do anything you set your mind too! Get out there and make something of yourself.  Your past is in the past.  It may creep up every now and then but don't let it phase you.  Dream bigger, laugh more, and don't live in resentment, regret, and darkness.  It isn't going to do anything for you but waste your precious time here on this Earth!

Living life to the fullest,

Kayla

3 comments:

  1. So I love reading your blog! This one reminded me of one of my favorite quotes. “What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now.”
    You are an amazing person and I am so blessed to have you as a friend! ILY!
    -Holley-

    ReplyDelete
  2. The past is but a tiny glance of your life. Live it forward, and know that we have all made mistakes and have some little regrets. How else would we ever have learned anything? Keep going in that forward, positive direction, keep your eye on your goals, and be grateful for what life has given you thus far. I see a wonderful future for you also. Love ya~ A. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very encouraging words. Thank you both for helping me through the races of life!

    ReplyDelete