Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Set in My Old Ways

Humans are all creatures of habit.  I am especially.  I have been bitting my nails since I was in the second or third grade and had to wear fake nails for a year just so I would stop bitting them.  I'm a week strong so let's hope I will stop this disgusting habit.

Habits.  How do we break them? Are all habits bad? My habits seem to always be bad.  I have come to a realization that I'm not as good of a person as I believe myself to be.  I do the right things or so I think but I have some nasty habits that have to be broken.  I have the biggest attitude anyone could imagine.  I have always had an attitude, for as long as I can remember.  My parents have home videos of me acting like a complete brat.  In high school, I thought it was hilarious to show them, and now I'm so embarrassed by the way I acted and still do to some extent.  I always have to be right.  This might come with the attitude and that I'm a female but for some reason I cannot STAND to be wrong.  I always think my ideas are better than everyone else's, I always think the "facts" I state are right and most of the time they are completely off, and I absolutely hate to be beaten.  I also have a tendency to pitch a fit when I don't get my way.  So childish I know, but that's how bad I have to be right.  Lastly, I put people down for my own pleasure.  I hate admitting this because I feel I am such a people person and always try to make other people happy.  This flaw has slowly started to get better but I'm still hurting the people I love most.

So how do I change this stuff? Most of these things have been habits since I was four years old.  These problems are not good.  It is not very grown up of me to be acting in these manners.  I am completely disgusted with myself because I have found myself being completely selfish.  I have been doing some deep soul searching this weekend and still can't find a way to make all these things better.  I hope it changes soon and I will continue to pray that it does.  I don't want to be this way anymore.  It's time to be an adult and handle problems in adult ways.

Searching for answers,

Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Good habits....
    You are the SECOND most organized person I know.
    You practice great oral hygiene (teeth snob!)
    You love and protect your family at all costs.
    You are FUN to spend time with.
    You diligently and faithfully exercise.
    You ALWAYS have a job.
    You work hard to achieve your goals.
    You are one of the happiest people I know...deep down where it really counts!
    You are a lady.
    You are a Preston.
    You are a child of the KING! Protected and saved by grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you may have these bad habits, you have a lot of good habits too. The good ones tend to outshine the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete