Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nothing to Something

I have erased the first line to this blog probably six or more times.  I don't have anything important to talk about (do I ever?) today but felt like blogging.  It's probably because I'm postponing my homework.  Auburn has cancelled class for tomorrow due to a winter storm advisory.  Personally I think they knew nobody was going to come anyway because of the National Championship but I appreciate them finally canceling.

The topic the last few days with some of my friends is how there have got to be some really messed up people in this world.  For the past couple of days that thought just keeps reoccurring and popping up everywhere.  I watched Sister, Sister yesterday and the episode was about people pretending to be someone they weren't on the internet.  The night before I was flipping through the channels to find the movie The Last House on the Left. Though I have never seen it, because I hate scary movies, my friends were telling me about how messed up it is.  Last night, my friends and I watched this awesome movie called Lord of Wars with Nicholas Cage.  While it was a pretty awesome movie, it was very disturbing to know that this stuff really happens.

It got me thinking about how there are some extremely messed up people in this world.  The people that come up with these movie plots and then the people that don't even come up with it but actually do it and then the movie ends up based on true events, are so far out there that it's hard to think about people actually doing crazy things like rape, robbery, killing, etc.  I like to give most people the benefit of the doubt which is not always a good thing.  A lot of my friends like to call me naive and are for the most part right.  

I am an internet queen! I love social networking, blogging, YouTubing, etc. etc.  My parents use to tell me all the time, "Be careful what you put out there.  There are some creepy people in this world." It never really occurred to me that this kind of stuff can happen to anyone.  I see myself as invincible, but so does every other teenager.  Well seeing how I'm 21 now, it's time I start wising up.  People get raped everyday, people get stalked everyday, people die everyday because of crooked people.  I can't prevent myself from dying but I can protect myself enough to live my life.  

I know this is a very different blog for me but I guess it was just what was on my mind.  Be careful out there and know that while you may be a good person there are some seriously crazy people in this world.  I may only be 21 but I have started to see just how crazy this world really is.  Guard yourself and don't be naive enough to think that nothing will happen to you because in the blink of an eye your world can change drastically!

Sincerely,
Kayla

1 comment: