Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Half-Marathon Training

This weather is getting on my nerves.  During the week, it's pouring and we can barely get to class without getting pneumonia.  And then on the weekends it is gorgeous.  I'm definitely not complaining about the sun being out for two days I just wish it would stay a little longer.  I have always said I want to move to a big city after graduation and Chicago, Seattle, and San Diego have always been at the top of my list after Atlanta.  I'm going to have to scratch Seattle off for sure! and Chicago I might just have to live there for one year; move there in the Spring time and as soon as the winter season starts, start looking for a new place in a warmer city. haha

Speaking of weather though, my half-marathon training has gotten off to an extremely slow start this year.  On January 1st, I was suppose to start training and run a half-marathon by Spring Break.  WELL, thanks to this glorious weather and my lack of effort, I have post-pond my training until... NOW! Tomorrow starts my 6 week training to complete a half-marathon.  I know it's not a long time to train but I've been running and working out so I feel like I am capable of this challenge.  Here is my schedule:


Mon. Tues. Wed. Thurs. Frid. Sat. Sun.
30-min XT 3-mi EZ Rest 3-mi EZ 40-min XT 6-mi LNG Rest
30-min XT 3.5-mi EZ Rest 3.5-mi EZ 45-min XT 7-mi LNG Rest
30-min XT 4-mi EZ Rest 4-mi EZ 50-min XT 8-mi LNG Rest
30-min XT 4.5-mi EZ Rest 4.5-mi EZ 55-min XT 9-mi LNG Rest
30-min XT 5-mi EZ Rest 5-mi EZ 60-min XT 10-mi LNG Rest
30-min XT 6-mi EZ Rest 2-mi EZ Rest HALF MARATHON Rest


The biggest challenge will be not ever running 13.1 miles until the day of the race.  Also, if you have any ideas on XT (XT = Cross-training) activities PLEASE let me know.  I'm not that great at swimming and I don't have a bike, the only option I have right now is to do the elliptical and strength training.  The race I intend to register for is the Publix Georgia Marathon/Half-Marathon on March 20, 2011.  That will be the last Saturday of Spring Break. :/  BUT I promised myself and Mrs. Cindy, this race was going to happen this year.  No excuses.  I'm going to need a lot of motivation to stick with this training schedule and to stay on top of my school work.  I will be writing a lot on my journey through this.  This is something I have wanted to do since my freshman year at college.  Let's get this marked off my Bucket List and move on to the FULL marathon :)


Happy Super Bowl Sunday!


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment