Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Break

Hello dear friends. It has been quite a little bit since I've posted.  To catch you up since Christmas Eve I have been a busy girl.  My mom drove me to Atlanta on Christmas morning and I flew out at 12pm with the Donahue's to Jamaica for 5 days.  Jamaica was so much fun.  We got to layout, read, swim in the freezing lazy river, go down the big slide (which was so much fun), and go on a 3.8 mile run every morning with my workout crazed boyfriend (Thanks B!).  The run was on the back nine of the golf course at the Rose Hall Hilton Resort.  WOW! It was hilly but over looked the entire resort and ocean.  It was gorgeous.  That was the only thing that kept me going. We left Jamaica on the 30th which happened to be the only sunny day we had.  I tanned for a few hours that morning and headed to the airport.  The airport was a madhouse.  There were hundreds of people trying to get through security to get to seven or eight gates all leaving close to the same time.  While we were waiting to get on the plane, we all got upgraded to FIRST CLASS! AH! What a perfect way to start my birthday weekend! I am so spoiled.  Thank you Mr. Donahue for a great birthday present!

Even though our plane got delayed an hour, we landed, got through customs, claimed baggage, rechecked baggage, went through security, and reclaimed baggage all by 8pm.  I had a lot of stuff to get done before the party the next day so I came back to AU that night.  That night, my dear friends kidnapped me and I went and bought my first alcoholic purchase.  After I got out of the store, I was blindfolded and driven all around Auburn, parked, and walked me to what I didn't know at the time Samford Hall.  I finally got to take my blindfold off and I had my first drink at Samford Hall. So memorable! Thanks girls!  The next morning I woke up at 8am and started the day going going and going.  My family came into town and took me to lunch! I was so happy to see them! Afterwards my family came back to my apartment and helped me set up for the party that night.  My dad mounted the TV, Mom and Jaime helped me take down the Christmas decor, and they went and bought goodies for everyone to snack on that night. Thanks again family for all your help.  I was never going to get that done by myself.  

Later that night, the festivities started.  My friends and I went to dinner at Laredo's, I went to the bar with the only two people that were 21 (haha), and came back to my apartment where I was able to spend the best birthday with the most fun people!!! We had so much fun and my neighbors came over and brought in the new year with us.  I could not have had a better birthday.  I feel so blessed to have the friends I have in my life.  They are so awesome!!

The Christmas break is almost over and the New Year has started.  I'll leave this post to just Christmas break and catch up with you guys tomorrow on my new year plans! :D It's going to be a great year.  Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas break and a Happy New Year!

Feeling blessed,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment