Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week One

I completed my first week of training successfully!! My times are getting better.  My first mile of six yesterday was 9.30.  My average time was 10.30.  I'm really shooting for a 10 minute mile throughout the whole thing though.

Training has been a lot of fun so far.  I feel like my days are busier than ever but when I'm training I go to a completely different state of mind.  It's my time to think and just be by myself.  Yesterday was my long run (6 miles) and I had the best time.  The weather is FINALLY starting to listen to me :)  It was a beautiful day to be outside.  My run didn't consist of much thinking but listening to music and pushing myself through the distance.  Running really is a mental thing.  If you don't talk yourself out of quitting you probably will stop and walk.

My thinking really didn't start until I got home from the run and had an hour to get ready for dinner with my boyfriend and his family and our friends.  I am happier than ever right now.  I am a year away from graduation, training for a half-marathon, living in this perfect town, I have a family that supports me, friends that care about me, and a boyfriend that loves me unconditionally.  I could not be more blessed right now.  I'm living in the present which is not something I normally do (I'm a dreamer!) but what can get better than this?  I don't write this to gloat but to say that you can find happiness in anything if you search deep enough.  Some people search in all the wrong places and can't find what they are looking for.  Find joy in what is in your life at the moment.  You don't get a second chance.  Spend each day thankful for what you have and don't sulk on the bad things. (I'm still working on this daily!)

Okay, now I'm preaching.  Sorry.  I just wanted to let you know training is going great and this next week is going to be a challenge in balancing my school life, training, social life, work life, and finding time to sleep.  Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted very shortly on how life is going in Kayla-ville.

Thankful,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment