Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Super Bowl Sunday.... oh what a fun day.  I have never been a big NFL fan and I'm still not.  BUT football in general is always fun to watch.  Yesterday, the Green Bay Packers played the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I couldn't tell you two people on the team are minus the quarterbacks but I always find a reason to throw a party.

I had a few friends over for the game yesterday and it was a pretty divided house.  One of my friends is from Pittsburgh and his Mom is a huge Steelers fan (she was at the game, lucky).  So it was a lot of fun to help someone else pull for their team.

Seeing how my major is events, it's always fun to plan and host events.  Seeing people happy makes me happy even if I do like to have things my way.  Let's just say it's a good thing I'm still in college for this stuff.  I am a terrible planner of food.  I either have WAY too much or too little of something else.  This Catering & Events class this semester should help me manage that better. :) The party was still a lot of fun and nice to have so many friends around.


^^Awful Commercials yesterday^^
Commercials this year = I don't know what to think.  I feel like marketing teams are trying way too hard when they could use the simple things to make the commercials hilarious.  Half-time was by far the best thing about the game yesterday.  Black Eyed Peas, although their song "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" is way over played, they put on a great show for the world.

Another thing I love about the Super Bowl is it's the end of football season.  That means it's one step closer to MARCH MADNESS!!! That is by far my favorite month of the year.  Now, I do not watch college basketball because every year I have watched it, my bracket is so bad.  The years I don't watch, until March, I get second place every year.  I've seen a few games so I'm hoping it's not so bad this year.

I know this wasn't like my normal blogs but just some thoughts while I have some free time.  ha

Until Next Time,


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment