Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Money, Money, Money

Don't you wish you had all the money in the world? I know I do.  When I sit down and write out how many things I want, need, and desire to have, there is no way I will ever be able to obtain all that I want.  Money just seems to rule everything we do.  I was very blessed growing up that my parents never made money a reason why I could not do something.  They always pushed me to do and be whatever it was I wanted to be.  Isn't it weird how parents are the ones that suffer when they are the ones that worked for all the money they spend on their kids? I know children have a lot of rewards but right now I think I'm to selfish to think about kids.  There are so many things I want to do and see and experience and buy that I cannot imagine working eight to five everyday and the money I earned going straight to someone else.  I must give you parents mad props for being so selfless.  Maybe one day I will get to that point.

But why does money seem to control everything we do? Every decision you make, more than likely, one of the reasons you decided on anything/something is because money was in the back of your mind.  It seems to never leave us.  I just finished balancing my check book (Yes I do that. I know you are proud Mom. haha) and noticed I have sporadic sprees of spending money.  There are four or five days where I won't spend anything and then one day there are ten charges to the most random places.  I do not know why that happens or how it happens because it seems like I spend money every single day on something.

Whether we like it or not money is always going to have control over us.  I'm just curious to figure out how we let ourselves get this "Money is King" attitude.  Either way, there is one thing my parents have always taught me: save! It seems silly because there are so many things I want/need/desire right now that I do not know what the point is.  But because I'm not in high school anymore and my parents aren't out to get me they probably know what they are talking about.  Finances are only beginning to start for me but I know they are not something to take lightly.  Saving is a huge deal and it will only benefit me in the long run.  Another thing my parents have not pushed but highly encouraged of me is to try Dave Ramsey.  If anyone of you are worried about having financial problems or do he is the perfect person to help.  Go to daveramsey.com and try the 7 Baby Steps to becoming Financial Stable.

Best of luck to all of you out there.  We are all fighting a money battle!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment