Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

California Wine Tour: Day 1

Today has been the most amazing day of all time.  I cannot believe this experience.  It is unlike anything I have ever experienced and it has completely surpassed my expectations.  Today, we boarded AirTran at 10:30 and landed in San Francisco at 12:40.  Yeah, you're thinking it was a two hour flight like me aren't you? FALSE! It was a FIVE hour flight.  I must say I enjoyed myself and took some pictures of the beautiful mountains in Arizona.

After landing in San Francisco, we headed straight to Los Gatos, CA to visit Testarossa Winery.  The winery is named Testarossa because the founder is a red head and Testarossa "red head" in Italian.  This place had so much history in this small business.  We enjoyed lunch in one of their cellars where we were able to talk and mingle with Rob Jensen, the owner and founder, himself.  What an experience.  I won't explain the history to you but if you want to know send me a message and I'd be happy to share.
The tree on Testarossa's label
The lodge we are staying at tonight is so exquisite.  The hospitality is beyond belief! I'm currently laying in bed with egyptian cotton sheets, listening to the fire place roar, and drinking distilled water from a glass bottle.  :) Life is good.  My tummy is completely full with more food than I could ever imagine of eating in one sitting.  It was a TEN course meal!! Unbelievable I know.  I'm going to come back two sizes bigger, but no worries, training starts the week I return.  As soon as we return from the restaurant tonight, one of our donors takes all 15 students to the bar at the lodge and orders all of us drinks on him.  I cross my fingers that one day I'm able to purchase 15 college students premium drinks.  This place is unbelievable.  I wish a picture could describe how miraculous this place is.  Right now it is 11:45 PM in California and I am not adjusting to the time well.  It's 1:45 AM in Alabama and my body is saying, "Let's shut down."  Tomorrow should be a relaxing day and I cannot wait to share all the fun we'll be having.

Reaching for the stars,
Kayla

2 comments:

  1. oh lala, have one of something for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, we are going shopping today in Carmel! :)

    ReplyDelete