Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Decision Has Been Made

First of all, I want to say thank you to my devoted readers. I started this blog when I started training for my first half-marathon.  I had planned to keep this blog devoted to fitness, working out, being healthy, and documenting all the ups and downs of training for a long distance race.  After I trained for my first half-marathon, I was injured from training so fast that I was not in the mood to run another race anytime soon.  Then one year later, I ran in my second half-marathon.  I wrote about training some of the time but my blog was mostly filled with posts about my boring life.  And yet you all continued to follow me and my obnoxious I-Know-All blog posts.  Thank you for continuing to read!

Today, I write to inform you all that I will be following my title and topic a little bit more closely than you are use too.  This blog was started with one goal in mind: to one day run a full marathon.  With polite bragging from some of my crazy running friends, my competitive spirit got the best of me and I have decided I too am capable of running a full marathon.  Since I have moved to Washington, DC my miles have decreased but my heart has gotten stronger for the love of running.  If I wanted to there are races every weekend within driving distance that offer all different distance races.  It is hard to not want to join in on all the fun (for me, at least).

The marathon I have committed to running is the Rock N Roll Marathon in Washington DC on March 16, 2013.  Yes this is far away, date wise, but it is right around the corner with the 22 week training program I have decided to train with.  This is going to be a long, grueling road.  I will start training in October with this 22 week program.  Until then, I need to build up to the mileage it starts with in order to keep up with the program.

I have read a Marathon Training for Dummies book twice now.  Along with millions of running blogs, running articles, and many more running tips.  The first rule of thumb when training for a marathon is support.  You have to have support from your family, friends, and loved ones in order to complete this journey.  There is only so much the runner can do for his or her self to keep their mind, body, and soul into running 26.2 miles!!  It will take a lot of personal time to run the distances required of the training program.  That time could be spent with family and friends but instead I'll be running.  Since I am in DC, mainly by myself, I think this is the perfect time to do it.  But I will need your help.  The more I put my end goal out there, the more likely I will be able to complete it.  I wanted to write this blog post so you all know 1. where the direction of this blog will be for the next year and 2. to ask for your support while I strive to do what less than 1% of the US has already done.  Thank you in advance for your support.  I hope you will follow my journey and share with your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment