Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Getting in a Routine

This was my first full week of work. My first week of work consisted of Thursday and Friday.  My second week I was in Chicago for 3 days and only worked Monday and Friday in DC.  And now I'm on my first full week and I am exhausted.  How do you guys do it?

I've decided the only way to help me get use to this type of week is getting into a routine.  Granted, this week was not the best example of that.  One night I stayed up until 1AM, another night I went to sleep at 10PM, a few days I got up and worked out and other days I hit the snooze. (Side note: I have never used my snooze until now. If my alarm was set for 8AM in college, I was up at 8AM no matter how tired I was. This week, we became close friends.)

So, my routine needs to consist of three things: 1. A bedtime 2. A set time to wake up 3. A time to run.  I've been trying to run before work because it's a lot more relaxing to come home and do nothing than it is to know I have an hour workout ahead of me.  I've noticed on the days I don't go for a run I'm hungrier and more tired.  On the days I do run (or go to the gym), I have more energy and my diet is much better.  The last one on my list (set a time to run) should be easy so long as the other two are in effect, which will definitely be the hardest.

Number 1 is the hardest.  I can always think of something else I need to fit into my day (or want to fit in) and the time gets pushed later and later.  The second one isn't as hard because like I said, I've never been a big snooze button person so hopefully I won't get into the habit of using it.  And if I do, I'll just set the alarm 9 minutes earlier than I really need to get up. ;)

Since I am new to this whole grown up thing, I would love some tips on how you make it through your week.  I'm not a busy mom.  I don't have any family here so I don't have places I HAVE to be.  The only thing that is set in my schedule is the time I spend at work (9-6).  So, please, feel free to leave me a comment here or on my other social pages.

With love,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment