Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I Am Thankful

This month, I am trying to change my status on Facebook everyday to something I am grateful for.  It's the month of Thanksgiving but not only that it's about time I start thanking people and noticing all the blessings I have in my life.

When one of my friends said "You should do the 30 day: I'm thankful statuses" challenge I thought to myself, 30 days of things I'm thankful for? I can't have 30 things I'm thankful for.  Then I thought, if I don't have 30 things I'm thankful for I need a reality check because I have been beyond blessed during my life.  I have a wonderful family that loves and cares for me, friends who get me and know how to pick me up when I'm down, a job that I enjoy, my health, and so many other things.

But most importantly I'm alive.  God chose to wake me up for another day.  For some reason, he thought I deserved to live.  My job is to seek that purpose and live it to the best of my ability.  Today, I am not complaining, I am not getting angry, and I am choosing to be a better person for myself and everyone around me.  And you can do the same thing.  Make a conscious effort to choose your attitude today and live for the moment.

God Bless,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment