Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summertime is Coming to an End

WOW!!! This summer could not have been any better.  What a way to end summer-hood... next year there might not be a summer (cross your fingers there won't be one... meaning I'll have a job!).  Let's have a recap on this whirlwind of a summer.

I began my summer in Napa Valley, California.  What a way to kick off the summer.  I learned so much about the wine industry and met people that gave me the realization that anything can happen.  After Napa, I came home and went straight back to Auburn for SOS and a week or so after that I started two classes that lasted for six weeks! I got an A in one and a B in the other.  I took a break for three weeks to work, travel and visit people and places, read and lay out.  Then I got bored really quickly so sporadically signed up for a class that has lasted TEN days!  This class has allowed me to appreciate beverages but has also ended my summer the same way I started it.  WOW!  Tomorrow this class ends and summer is almost over.  With two more weeks left, I plan to go to the beach for one week to relax and get ready for my last year of college and the second week come to Oxford to visit with my family since I was only able to go home once this summer.

Just because those are the events that happened this summer doesn't mean that is all that happened.  I learned a lot about myself during this short summer.  Some were good things and the other things I realized that weren't so good and so I began to make a change.  I realized that space is a good thing.  Not too much, but enough that you can still be your own person.  Spending every moment with someone makes you forget how special the people in your life are.  "Distance makes the heart grow fonder"  Now I understand this quote.  I also learned that in a time of need it is okay to ask for help.  Trying to be "grown-up" and "independent" is not heroic.  Having people in your life to support you and back you up in decisions, problems, and down times is key to making it through this life.  Do not walk alone.  It's not as fun without someone to laugh and cry with you.

Take a moment and reflect on your summer.  It has gone by with a blink of an eye.  It's weird to think this time next year I will be a "big girl" and out in the real world by myself.  But really, I won't be alone because I have some very special people in my life that I know will be with me through anything.

Best Regards,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment