Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Past Year

It's been a long time since I last blogged.  I finished summer classes and have been working and traveling for the last couple of weeks.  I went home for Father's Day, had company in Auburn the next weekend and I went to Destin this weekend for the Fourth of July.

As I was in Destin, I began to reflect on how fast this year has gone by.  A year ago a few weeks ago my parents put my Dad's dog to sleep.  I remembered this this weekend because my Mom called my boyfriend to break the news to me because she knows how much I love animals that I wouldn't take the news lightly over the phone.  Also a year ago this weekend I lost someone who was a dear friend to me and my family, Dr. Lynch.  His family touched my life in so many ways and he had such an impact on who I was coming into college.  I still try to be the person he helped me be today but I find myself slipping back in to my old ways.  Dr. Lynch also encouraged me to run and finish what I always wanted to do.  With that motivation, I completed my first half-marathon this year and am currently training for my second one right now.  I was also reminded how fast this year has gone by when my boyfriend's mom asked me how long we had been together.  A year and a half in a week.  The time sure has flown.

Starting this blog has helped me grow as a person and remember all the feelings I've endured in these last few months.  I hope it continues to inspire people and maybe teach them something about themselves that maybe they did not realize until reading a blog post.  Lesson of this blog is to not take life for granted.  I have never realized how fast time flies until I reached college.  The last four years have been the best times of my life and they have certainly passed quicker than any other time in my life.  Live in the moment and do not live for the future or in the past.  Life is too short to take waste the precious time we have been given.

Living life to the fullest,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment