Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day means different things to different people.  Everything that has happened in our lives thus far has had an impact on how we celebrate father's day.  Some people do not have a father figure and chose to celebrate someone who played that role for them in their lives. Some have a father but do not have a relationship with him because of damages he may have caused or they may have caused.  Others have lost their father and this day is extremely hard for them. And many of us have a father so special that on this day we take the time to honor him and think about how we should celebrate him more than just on this day.

I fall into the last category.  My dad has always been in my life and actively apart of it.  He is such a special man and I could not have asked for any better Dad! When we were younger he was the tickle monster.  I would run away because I would be tickled for hours.  When I got a little older he let me get up with him and eat breakfast and watch Sportscenter before he left for work.  When he would leave, he would always wink at me and I spent years trying to learn how to do that! [I've finally got it down pat! ;)]  Then I became a teenager and my dad was my worst enemy.  We would fight and fight and fight him but little did I know he only did and said these things to protect me.  Now, I'm in college and take my Daddy for granted all the time.  He still spoils me, does anything and everything for me, has bought me three cars in the five years I've had a license, and supports and loves me in everything I do.  I always notice these things and say thank you but I never realize how much all those little things mean to me until this day every year, Father's Day.

To the best Daddy in the world, thank you for always being there for me.  Even though we don't talk as much as I wish (that's my fault!) I love you more and more everyday.  You are always trying to make me a better person and because of you I know what love is suppose to be like.  You make me smile and brighten my days when I'm lost and confused about this whole growing up thing.  Thank you again for EVERYTHING you do for me.  I cannot wait to see you this weekend.  I really don't see you guys enough!

Love,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment