Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

When ever something doesn't go the way we plan or things don't get done when they need to get done we, as humans, make up excuses.  It's the easiest way to cover our own mistakes but the excuses more than likely will involve another party.  Examples: "I can't workout today.  I'm a mother of little kids and I work." "I made a bad grade on that test because my friends made me go out." "I can't pay you now because my boss hasn't given me my check yet." In all reality those are all your own fault.

It is time to start taking responsibility for our actions.  Excuses should not be the reason why we don't do something that needs to get done.  Other people are definitely not the reason you did not do what you were suppose to do because if you really wanted to do something, you would make time to do it.  So is it the excuse that justifies why things don't get done or is it adding someone else into the excuse that makes it okay? Personally, there is no other excuse except yourself.  You can make time to workout if you really want to workout.  No one makes you do anything.  You have the option to make a smart decision and stay in and study or the dumb decision and party so hard you can't even remember what class you have a test in.  Not having the money to pay bills is your own fault for not saving your money.  Instead you went out and bought a magazine subscription, Sonic's Happy Hour drinks, dinner with your friends including margaritas.... you had the money, you just chose to spend it elsewhere.

If you find that you make excuses for everything take a step back and re-evaluate why you really didn't workout, make good grades, or pay your bills on time.  There is a real reason and it probably has something to do with yourself.  Take responsibility for your own actions and get things done.  Procrastination is a terrible problem.  The only time I ever find myself procrastinating is when I have something to do that I have absolutely no interest in doing.  An easy fix, do those things first.  The quicker you get the not so appealing tasks out of the way the more time you have to enjoy everything you actually wanted to do in the day.  So stop making excuses.  It's only rational if you admit to being the problem and even then it should bother you so much that you don't make an excuse anymore and you get done what you set out to do.

No more excuses,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment