Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Communication

How important is communication? Is it possible to have zero communication with someone and still have a connection with them? I personally don't think so.  I don't know how to function without communication.  I think that is why I blog, Facebook, Twitter, text, email, call, etc.  I do not like to not be connected to people.  People make me happy and happy people make me happier! Making people happy makes me the happiest, but when communication falls short what do you do?

I am probably not the best communicator.  Maybe I should have majored in communications to learn how to communicate.  I wonder if I'm terrible at communication because I always have to be right or because I am so spoiled I only want things my way.  I don't know but those two characteristics are probably not good to have when making people happy is what makes me the happiest.  They seem to clash, don't you think?

How do you communicate exactly what you want? How do you express who you are through communication? Why does arguing seem to never solve anything? That's communication isn't it?  I'm so confused right now because communication keeps failing me.  You can't get things across the exact way that you want to via technology.  It will never happen.  Things are always misinterpreted and then it makes communication go sour.  Maybe that is why I'm such a terrible communicator because the only way I communicate is via technology.  Even so, I don't know how to express things differently to get my point across.  Even if technology fails me on almost all occasions I am a horrible....

It just hit me what may be my problem.  Listening.  I do not take the time to listen to people when they talk.  It is always about me talking and getting the most out of the conversation.  Why can I not be a selfless person? I'm so frustrated with myself right now and I know this blog is making no sense.  I treat this blog like a journal so this entry is one of those blogs I'm trying to figure out who I am.  I just hope that one day I can figure out how to be selfless, a good listener, and an even better communicator.  Pray for me as I seek help in these areas.  Maybe a nice run would help me get back on track.

Living and learning,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment