Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Lifetime Achievements

Some quick thoughts to start the week off.  Lifetime achievements.  This weekend I had the opportunity to work at an event hosted at the hotel for Lifetime Achievement Awards presented by the Auburn Alumni Association.  This event was unlike an event I have ever worked.  The people who were honored at this ceremony had done things that you only see done in the movies.  They had achieved things that only rare people achieve.  It made me start to wonder how you get to such a place in your life.  This people are respected by so many people and the things they have done (such as be an astronaut, work for NASA to make the ships safer, run 135 hospitals to help care for people's needs) just amaze me.  I hope one day someone respects me as much as these men were respected on Saturday.

Coming out of that event I felt more inclined to make the things I do and say for everyone else and not for myself.  I become self-centered a lot and don't realize how much one life can impact somebody else.  I shouldn't be focused on myself and my well being.  I have people in my life that will take care of me as long as I take care of them back.  By not realize how much the words I say hurt people made me take a step back and think about the things I say and do.  I want to be more giving and more respectful of everyone around me.  Not just the people who are close to me.  Friday was my first SOS session and it went fantastic.  After this weekend, serving people has shot to the top of the list of priorities yet again.  I can't say this is a bad thing because if you take care of people you are going to get more rewards than being selfish and inconsiderate of other people.  Your life matters to people and sometimes you may not even know who those people are.  I have people I look up to and they probably don't even know it and I know you do to.  Take it to heart this week and think about being selfless.  This is a very poorly written blog but I wanted to put some thoughts down before my busy week started just to get me on the right track.  I hope this makes you realize how much of a blessing each life is to this world.  You are special and your life could be making a difference in someone else's life and you may not even know it.

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment