Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

SEC Championship

Hello friends!

If you don't know me you might need to know that I am a huge Auburn fan.  Being a student and all I think it's an obligation. ;)

This weekend was a blast! My boyfriend and some of our friends headed to Atlanta on Friday to start the celebration of making it to the SEC Championship.  Saturday, more of our friends came to Atlanta to help keep the celebration going.  The Marta station (Atlanta tram system) is close to B (my boyfriend) 's parent's house.  We all headed there and proceeded to wait on the tram.  My brother (being the country boy that he is) says, "Is it a big train?" His girlfriend and I bust out laughing and tell him he's got to get out more.  The tram was packed but we sported our colors loud and proud.  There were thousands of people at the tram station, both Auburn and South Carolina fans.  As the South Carolina fans started to yell "GAME" "COCKS" "GAME" "COCKS" and on and on, an Auburn fan started Bodda Getta and a huge WAR EAGLE, HEY!!! It was the start to a great day!

We finally made it to downtown! Another side note for those of you who do not know me, I'm obsessed with cities: the buildings, the people, the atmosphere, etc. etc.  I cannot wait to live in Atlanta one day! Anyways, we had lunch in the CNN center where it was a complete ZOO!! After lunch, it was time to head to the Georgia Dome! My borther's girlfriend and another one of my friends got lucky enough to win the lottery (student tickets) and the rest of us had to find tickets on our own.  Well, lucky for B and I, my brother plays football at Auburn University.  He is only red shirted this year and plays on the scout team but it still has its perks.  My brother landed three tickets to the SEC Championship and gave the other two to B and me. WHAAA HOO!!!! Sooo, we waited in the players will call for an hour and thirty minutes.  It was crazy but so worth the wait.  We got third row seats, right in front of the cheerleaders, in the Auburn end zone, and behind Emory Blake's family!! OH how I love my little brother!!!!

So needless to say, we won the game, all the players came over to our section because we were in the parents section and we had the best night of our lives.  Well, as much fun as we can have to be only a few weeks away from turning twenty-one.  Toomer's got rolled and was the best I had seen EVER!! I only got to see pictures until we got back this morning and they were trying to get it all out of the tree and I witnessed how crazy it must had been last night.

Well, I hope all of you had a great weekend and were able to experience some of these things (if you are an Auburn fan).  Finals week is starting tomorrow and I could not be more distracted.  Thankfully my hard test is Tuesday and Thursday.  I hope everyone continues to have a blessed day and week.  There are sure to be many great stories this week because yes, it may be finals week but my friend is turning twenty-one and we are having a Tacky Christmas Sweater party! YAY!

War Eagle!
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. OH GIRL! Life is good. Make the most of living big during those college years, you can't go back and relive them....they are the NOW.

    ReplyDelete