Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Madness Kayla Edition

Hello blog world!

It has been quite sometime since I have written a blog and my last one was not an update on "Running Through Life".  That title has been more relevant than ever this semester.  I never thought my mind would be racing with so many thoughts about my future.  Like you all know, I'm a planner and my thoughts have never made me this dazzled.  Because it has been sometime since my last blog, I will probably be writing a series of blogs about everything that has been going on.

I feel like I have been cheating on my virtual journal.  I have been keeping a written journal that I write something down, even if it's just what I did that day,  in this journal.  I'm hoping in a year I can look back at it and see how much I have changed and what happened through the year.

Spring Break was last week.  It was a nice week to just clear my head of all my thoughts and crazy schedule.  Reading books, hanging out with friends, splurging on food and drinks, and playing games all while being on the beach! Ah... it was amazing.

However, I still managed to have thoughts running through my head.  But the only one that I let stay there during the week.  That thought was "What are my goals in life?" Coming to college I knew I wanted to do something with nutrition.  I wanted to help people lose weight, make a healthier lifestyle for them, and just encourage people all over the world.  After realizing I wasn't going to be able to get a degree in Nutrition & Dietetics.  Personality tests revealed only a small part of what I thought I would do with my major in Hotel & Restaurant Management.  The title makes it seem my only options are hotels and restaurants.  False.  The amount of jobs that fall into the category of hospitality is HUGE!

This made me realize that I can still fulfill my dream with my degree.  I have never been one to give up on my dreams and I don't plan on doing that now.  The only problem now is finding out how to get to my dream.  Finding the right path to get me there.  And that's where I let the thoughts stop while I was on break.  It was a week to take a break from the job search, focus on myself, and have a good time while I was enjoying my last week long vacation for A WHILE!!  I still don't know the answer to that path and probably won't until I make it to the finish line.  But that's okay.  I'm going to make the best decision for myself at this point in my life.

Living out my dreams,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment