Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Month Down

Wow!! January flew by.  I can't believe today is February 1st! I graduate in just 3 months and 5 days, Spring break is 38 days away and Brenden's birthday is 9 days away. Can time just slow down a little?  I guess that's why I'm "Running Through Life".

Tonight I did some reworking of my blog (new design) and thought of changing the name of it.  After this month, I've started to realize my life 1. never stops and 2. goes by way too fast.  So I thought why not change the name to something a little more relevant to my life?  Well, honestly, the title is very relevant to my life.  I'm staying busy, time is going by fast, and I'm learning so many things along the way just like running.

My race is in less than two weeks and I'm getting really excited.  I love competing and challenging myself to reach outside of my normal routine.  Even though I run in my normal routine, I don't normally run at 7 in the morning, in Birmingham, with thousands of other people.  Putting myself through something that is so different from my usual routine gets me excited and makes me realize that there are things outside of my tiny little box.

This month has a lot of exciting things coming up. Birthdays, anniversaries, classes will be halfway finished, and training (for SOS) will be almost complete. WOW.  That's all I can say! WOW. This month is going to fly by too! Good thing we have an extra day this month ;)

I've been keeping a hand-written journal since the first day of school this semester.  It has been really short entries but it has been interesting to go back and see all the little (and big) things that have happened in this month.  After keeping this daily journal, I'm starting to realize that my time is very precious.  I don't normally do anything that isn't going to better prepare me for the future.  This month, I am taking extra care of my time.  Like I said I only have 3 months left until graduation then the real world is going to start and it's going to be just as fast.  I better get at the starting line now because race time will be here before I know it (the actual race and the race of life!)

-Kayla

3 comments:

  1. Love your post Kayla! It has been AWESOME watching you mature in a beautiful, insightful, and all around GREAT young adult! Can't wait to see what "the race of life" has in store for you! Sending love and hugs your way....Jennifer Poore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new design. As life goes by, there will be a multitude of new designs and I dare say, you will embrace them to the fullest. Best of luck on the next big run, in life or on the road, whichever. A. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me proud #1

    ReplyDelete