Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hard Work Deserves a Reward

I am two semesters away from graduating and I cannot be more excited.  I stayed in Auburn every summer and took classes, I came in with 22 hours from Dual Enrollment classes, and I have managed to passed all my classes with mostly shining colors! And after seven and half years, I am a semester and half away from graduation.  Since all this hard work was put in on the front end, I believe it is time to reward myself.

This semester I am taking nine hours and next semester I am taking eight hours.  This light load is not because I want to make my life any easier.  Lord knows I am busy with millions of other things.  No, the light load is because those are the only classes I have left until I graduate from college.  I put in the work in the beginning and was able to make it less stressful so I could focus on finding a job, enjoying my last year as a college student, and really focus on my upper level classes.

A simple joke this semester has been about my light class load but another joke from the past three years I have been in the Hospitality Management program is, "Oh, you are here to get your MRS degree." While I have met an amazing guy, I do not plan on living my life through his to make sure I can stay afloat.  I am an independent person and I plan on living that way for a while.  I am in Hospitality Management because it is what I am passionate about.  I love serving others and meeting others expectations.  I guess this came about because I always had to have everything my way when I was little.  Now, hopefully, I can give guests exactly what they want and more.

This major is by no means easy.  Yes, it may be more interesting than watching fungus grow in a lab, or punching numbers into a calculator, or listening to children scream all day, but you made your choice to do those things with your life.  I made my career choice in enjoying the finer things in life.  So the next time you call my major an "MRS" degree or an easy way out of college, think to yourself, where would I stay on the business trips I have to go on for my job if it wasn't for that degree, where would you eat, would there be such a thing as vacation? Probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment