Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fears

Everyone has fears and most of the time no one can understand why someone would have that fear unless they both share the same fear.  But how do we get fear in our lives? From past experiences, from reading/watching books/movies, or is it because of the unknown? Whatever it may be, we all have a fear of something.

Today on my short run, I began to think about fears that people have.  Heights, being alone, spiders, love, etc.  Then I began to think of all the fears I have when I run.  What if I get hit by a car? What if I get hurt on my run and no one stops to help me? What if I run by someone else and they hurt me? What if my house is broken into while I'm running? What if I get bitten by a dog? What happens? I realize most of these fears are a little childish but then the quote "Everything happens for a reason" ran through my head.  Does everything happen for a reason? I began to ponder this.

I believe most things happen for a reason.  Every situation that is put in front of you has some impact on your life.  Whether it be breaking a bone, being hurt by someone else, or losing someone.  The troublesome part is why it happens.  Most of the time we will never know why something so wrong could happen to us, someone that doesn't deserve these types of pains.  I guess we just have to live with what we have.  This task is simple for me because I haven't discovered much pain in my life but for others this could easily break them down.  Right now, in my life, without experiencing my hurt, I can say stay strong.  Know that there is someone out there, even if it is just one person, that will love you until your last day.

Facing my fears,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment