Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Moving to DC

What a weekend it has been.  Friday morning at 6am, Mom, Dad, a truck, a Uhaul trailer, a Honda Accord, and I headed to Washington, D.C.  We had a lengthly trip but luckily did not hit any traffic.  We arrived in Maryland around 7pm.  I got to meet my roommate, who is very nice, and we were able to unload the entire Uhaul before it got really dark.  I stayed at the hotel Friday night but woke up the next morning knowing the bed was the first thing we needed to set up.

Saturday, we spent the entire day getting things out of boxes, building furniture, and trying to put my room in some sort of order.  The day came and went very fast.  Sunday, we decided to take a break from building and unpacking and acted as tourist.  We visited most of the monuments (Washington, Lincoln, etc.) and the memorials (WWII, Veterans, Korean) in honor of Memorial Day weekend.  The monuments and memorials were so neat.  I've only seen pictures before but being in the capital for such a patriotic holiday was very neat.  But I have realized I need to brush up on my history.

Today, we spent the afternoon at the Washington National Zoo!! The pandas were soo cute but the lions won my heart today.  Man did they put on a show!! One of the lions saw something in the water and jumped into the water to get it.  Once he got out he had a rabbit in his mouth.  There were two other lions who were insanely jealous.  I took a video of one trying to get some of the rabbit.  Check it out on my Facebook.

After a long day at the zoo, we came home and built more furniture and hung pictures.  My room is finally starting to feel like home.  I don't start work until Thursday so until then I am going to continue to organize my room and get all the errands I need to out of the way in the next two days.

This move has been stressful but I am so happy to be up here.  Once I am settled in, I believe this will be an unbelievable adventure.  Be sure to stay tuned.  This year has a lot in store for me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment