Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Understanding Health & Fitness Articles

Do you become overwhelmed by all the health information that is out there to read and implement in your life?  I know I do.  I read a lot of fitness/health magazines and Yahoo! articles that tell me to eat this and not that.  Don't drink that but drink this and every article says something different to substitute. How can you make sure you are doing all the right things for your body with so much information?

I take it one article/step at a time. Exercise is easy for me to follow.  If an article says try these new exercises to flatten your tummy or lift your butt and tone your legs, I try them at least once or twice.  Nutrition is where I fall short.  I have a mega sweet tooth and a fascination with drinking wine.  All the magazines say that you should do these things in moderation.  Then other articles say but only dark chocolate and only red wine.  Limiting myself to what I can eat and can't eat makes me fall of course even more.  So I do take in moderation but not to the specifics.... to anything I feel like having.  

Another article I read says to treat yourself nicely when you fall of track.  It makes it easier to get back on track.  I tend to be pretty hard on myself and tend to push it 100% harder in my next workout.  Or I lay on the floor and do crunches while I spoon feed myself ice-cream.  Another great article says to limit yourself 100-calorie intake of sweets a day.  A few years ago, I never ever could have done that.  But now with all the 100-calorie pack treats and super sweet yogurt that says it has 33% of your daily fiber but tastes like the fattening smoothies you use to drink as a kid, it makes it easier to do those sorts of tricks.

But instead of becoming overwhelmed with everything the magazines/TV/articles tell you about health and nutrition, implement one article at a time.  Soon they become habits and the rules are a little easier to follow.  Think of each article as a goal, reach it, and you will feel so accomplished.

Taking it step by step,
Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment